Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Post Voting Results

OK...Obama has won the Presidency. I have no doubt whatsoever that you already know this, because if ANYONE is reading my Blog for up to date world news...then you need a new link in your Firefox Bookmarks file! :-)

I'm going to try to not get too political, because I'm not huge on politics. I do vote, but I am a Registered "Independent". I don't favor one party or another. I favor making my own damn choice. I want to choose the candidate that I like, not vote for someone because of their party affiliation.

But let's speak "locally" for a moment (and if anyone outside of the realm of MA reads this, then you may want to skip past this). Let's talk about Questions 1, 2, and 3.

I'm a newly hired municipal employee, one that I feel would have potentially been facing a layoff had Question 1 passed. OK...people are upset. About how the MA Legislators blow threw our money quicker than anything. But I don't think that cutting out a good portion of the state's Income is the way to go about fixing it. I think that sometimes "radical change" is not the best kind of change. Let's make change by voting out the "big spenders", and get some fresh blood into the legislature. If any other company or corporation suddenly was faced with a 40% cut in income, can you imagine the changes that would be made? And...I don't care what you think, have you ever heard the phrase "shit flows downhill"? And look, if you want to start weeding out the old-blood spenders, you've already got a head start! On January 20th when Obama accepts the Presidency, Deval Patrick and John Kerry will be moving into their new offices in DC! So we've already started! :-)

Question 2. I think this was a no-brainer that would pass. I'll jump on the bandwagon, and say let's put our cops spending their time working on real crimes. Not getting tied up with some punk 20 year old that is caught with a couple of joints in his Marlboro pack. The only potential problem with I see, is when the same 20 year old punk happens to be driving his car, and go across lanes and hit and kill someone. When they find 1 or 2 joints in his car, how disappointed will everyone be that they can't charge him for the drugs, as well???

Question 3. I thought this would be more of a landslide than it was. I figured that people would, thanks to Michael Vick, be all for the fair treatment of animals, and would vote in droves to do away with dog racing in MA. It passed, but not by as much of a margin as I had thought.

OK...it's Wednesday. Voting is over. Shouldn't we be talking FOOTBALL???

So the Patriots face the Bills this weekend. I watched some of the Bills/Jets game this weekend (I was at work, so I watched/listened to it in between calls). At the beginning of the game, I thought, "Holy SH*T! Look at that Defense! They're in Favre's face on every play!". After the first quarter, that feeling quickly faded. Buffalo has had a great start, but the Patriots, ie: Matt Cassel, are making headway every week. I put this game as a WIN for the Patriots. They're hungry. I had put them losing to the Colts, but they squeaked out a loss in a game that they SHOULD HAVE WON! I'm not one into predicting scores, but I'll put the Patriots winning this game.

No comments: