Friday, February 1, 2008

Peyton Manning

OK...so I'm sitting here, well after midnight...watching the NFL Network (thanks Jessica for ordering this for me!)...and I'm watching "NFL Total Access"...and they're interviewing Peyton Manning...you know...since HE's NOT in the Super Bowl this year, but his little brother is.

Just to listen to this guy...with his new "goatee" (who am I to talk? I've had a goatee for YEARS!)... saying how much Eli has taught him...blah blah freaking BLAH...

It made me very happy to watch the ensuing commercial for a Cadillac that I'll never be able to afford, but comes equipped with a 40 gig hard drive for it's built-in MP3 player! WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! Peyton and Eli WHO???

Oh...anyway...I truly feel that the Patriots will win the Super Bowl on Sunday. And I don't think this is their last trip in the near future. BUT...with all the HYPE of this upcoming Super Bowl (can you even watch the first 10 minutes of local tv news without seeing much else than the Super Bowl???)...could you even IMAGINE what the hype would be if the Colts were playing the Giants in the Super Bowl??? "Manning vs Manning". "Big Brother vs Little Brother". It would be INSANE!!! And...of course...in that game...I'd be rooting for Eli. But that's just me.

Did I mention to you recently of just how STUPID (???) that I am??? I actually volunteered to work a 24-hour shift on the ambulance on SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!! WHAT??????????????? Well...there were 4 open 24-hour shifts in my company on that day. So, I picked the truck that had the most chance of watching the whole game without being interrupted by a 911 call (yes, it's a crapshoot...but I'll play the odds!)...and it gives me 24 hours of Overtime...PLUS...Bonus Cash, because they couldn't fill the shift on Super Bowl Sunday (when they knew they'd never get anyone in to work!). Worst Case Scenario...I get interrupted during the game...miss parts of it... and when I go home, I watch it on TIVO! I'll still already know the outcome...but at least I'll get to watch it!

Hmmmm...let's see...what else? OH!!! Let's talk about *Asterisks*!!!

So...if the Patriots win the Super Bowl...do you think there should be an Asterisk next to their name/numbers of this potential 19-0 football team??? If I can figure out how to post a "Poll Question" on this site, I'll ask it. But for now...what do you think???

Be safe everyone.

No comments: