Friday, December 19, 2008

Wow! It's been awhile!

It's been quite awhile since I've posted, and I apologize to the 2 or 3 of you who read my Blog. Life has just gotten in the way of me having extra time to write here.

BUT...here I am. So bear with my Jaded Diatribe, mostly to do with the New England Patriots.

Way back when, right after Brady got hurt, and the reality set in that Cassel was the starting QB, I predicted that the Patriots would still end this season at either 11-5 or 10-6. And it looks like that prediction will hold true. Of course...with the mess that is the AFC East...they could still end the season 11-5 and NOT make the Playoffs! What's up with THAT!?!?!?!?!??? But Miami has done an About Face, and the Jets are making the most of the "Favre Hype", so all 3 teams are contenders. The Bills...well, they have imploded. Can you imagine how much more intriguing this would be if the Bills had played consistently throughout the season!

I think the Patriots will win against the Cardinals this weekend. It's going to be a messy, wet and cold game. Will the snow end, and the rain begin, by game-time? Or will it be just snow? No matter what...this is NOT Arizona weather! I think Kurt Warner is having the season of his career, but he hasn't been playing in really shitty weather. That will most likely hurt him the most.

I also think the Patriots will beat the Bills, although I'm more afraid of that game than I am of the Cardinals game. By next weekend, the Bills will have less than nothing to play for. Except to make a statement. And I hate statement games!

Anyway...I will put the Patriots squeaking into the Playoffs, with an 11-5 record. Depending on who they would play first, I don't see them making it very far into the post-season.

And this is where I turn my attention to the fact that...no matter what...this is Bellichek's BEST year of coaching this team YET! Think of the numerous injuries that this team has dealt with. And I'm not just talking about a sore hammy or a sprained finger. I mean of all the real, season ending injuries, starting with Brady in the first game. Then turning to the backup quarterback (which has become a "fad" this season, and it's amazing that a number of the backups are doing ok!) Then playing in a VERY competitive Conference. I think the Patriots have done much better than most teams would have, given the amount of players lost to injuries. Of course, I do believe that, no matter what the "game plan" is, the players still have to produce. But I think first and foremost, that Game Plan is key. And that's where I give Bellichek many kudos. Maybe others won't agree, because they are still living in the past and the days of "Spygate". But he is a machine. An amazing machine. And the Patriots are very, very lucky to have him as head-coach!

I promise to start posting more. I miss my little old Blog. :-)

1 comment:

Don Newbury said...

Good to have you back my friend. I think they will make the playoffs but will get crushed in the first round. They have been doing it all year with spit and baling wire and it can only go so far. I hope I'm wrong but we will see.