Thursday, December 20, 2007

Is it Spring-Time yet???

OK...Willard Scott...can you take a breather and send some warm weather up to the Northeast please??? I know...I know...how can I bitch? This could be Colorado, that gets 300 feet of snow every December. But this is MASSACHUSETTS!!! How often do we ever see a White Christmas (and I'm not talking about going to the Wang to watch the Musical!)??? Let's take a break already! One of the ONLY things I miss about living on Cape Cod, where I was born and raised, is that no matter how much snow a storm would dump on you...2 days later, it would rain like a bitch, be 45 degrees, and you'd be back to bare ground. Most times, the snow never even got the chance to get all dirty! Oh well...

Where the hell was TIVO when I was a kid? Technology is, for the most part, a great thing. But couldn't some of today's technology been around 25 years ago??? Remember that stupid show, The Greatest American Hero? I missed the very first episode, so I never got to see how he actually came into possession of that ugly red suit, or how he lost the directions to show him how to fly straight. If I had had TIVO, I would have been able to come home from school, and zone out on the couch and see the most important episode! Hell, never mind TIVO, now I can log onto Fox.com and watch old episodes of 24 and Rescue Me! I, we, were cheated. But...how can I really complain? On a Sunday afternoon, while the Boys are watching Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go, my DVR is taping the Patriots game for me, so that I can park my fat ass on the couch at 8pm when they go to bed, and enjoy the game...sans-commercials! Of course, the hardest part of that plan is keeping my friends from txt-ing or calling me to ask me if I saw the play that Brady or Moss or Welker just made! So far, I've been successful at not having a game "spoiled" for me. This weekend will bring on the next challenge, as the game is at 4:15, and I won't really be able to watch it until 8. Wish me luck.

Wanna help me fix my fish tank? I have a freshwater fish tank, and I tend to kill off most of my fish. I still have 5 very hearty fish. But I've lost probably 10 fish over the course of the last 2 months, since I set the tank up. Ammonia is my problem. Well, ammonia is my fish tank's problem. I myself have many other problems. hehehe

Let's get back to football for a minute. I watched a good portion of the Steelers/Rams game tonight. The Steelers won, although if not for an interception returned for a touchdown, it would not have been by such a large margin. But...in the process...they lost they're running back, Willie Parker, with a broken leg (he's screwed...he's out for the rest of their season/playoffs). Don't get me wrong...Davenport had a hell of a game in the place of Parker...but he's no Willie Parker. He was running against the Rams. The Steelers still aren't in the Playoffs yet, but if they do make it, I think this running back issue could become a big problem for them. Oh, by the way...Roethlisberger ended the game limping, and having his ankle being wrapped up. Good thing he got hurt on a Thursday night, so that he has 10 days to rest that ankle.

Speaking of lead poisoning...does it make me a bad Dad because I have not gone through my house and thrown out every possible toy that has the label "Made in China"??? Just wondering. I'm not one to jump on a lot of bandwagons, and this is one that I have not leapt for. Yes, I have looked at the list of toys online, and have come up with none that we have here...but some people are going to the extreme...and throwing out any toy that they didn't carve out of a branch themselves, or whatever. :-)

Nighty night all. Stay safe.

No comments: